Preventive care is instrumental to your child’s developing teeth. It is the number one focus at Desert Kids Dentistry. Topics that will be discussed at your appointment include:
- Proper brushing and flossing techniques – This is discussed at every appointment and is the beginning to having good oral hygiene and preventing disease.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride is an natural element that can help remineralize soft areas of enamel and small surface cavities
- Early cavity detection – If a cavity is found early there are options to slow or reverse the decay process which may prevent the need to complete a restoration.
- Education on healthy daily habits – We will review nutritional guidance and discuss good eating habits to help prevent decay and other oral issues.
- Dental sealants – Sealants are a protective restoration/coating placed in the grooves of the teeth to prevent bacteria and debris from getting into crevices and facilitate easier cleansing of the teeth.